Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Group Film Guidelines and List of Participants....

  1. #1
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    This premise was suggested by Cameraguy...

    "How about making a full length feature film on Super 8 where each regular on this group (if they want to) gets to make a small segment of. The film can be about anything but all segments should have some tie in or something."

    After a forum discussion, the idea has now evolved into this....

    - anyone welcome
    - shot on Super 8
    - shooting/editing completed by Jan 1, 2003
    - maximum length 5 minutes
    - content related to your hometown
    - can use any filmstock
    - soundtrack recommended but not mandatory

    Well, I'm on board. I would say through the end of the year. I think the ideal length of the film would be 3-5 minutes.
    -Alex

    I'm down for the shorter end of things.
    I was figuring a roll's worth (edited) like 2-3mins.
    -Cranium

    ok, 5 minute maximum sound good? now through January 1st for filming? Looks like my cart of Velvia will go into this project. Don't know if mixing it with Kodachrome is a good idea but what the heck.
    -Cameraguy

    I plan on New Year's Day myself
    -BolexPlusx

    Screw it, I'm in. I reckon San Francisco's worth shooting.
    -Cranium

    Me too, but don't expect Long Island shot from the perspective of a nature lover to look anything like you'd suspect!
    -BolexPlusx

    Well it sounds like a good plan, but I warn you there are lots of Catholic High School Girls In Trouble Down here in New Orleans. Just kidding, it really sounds like a fun project.
    -BlindOwl

    We're pretty much hitting the corners of the U.S. so far. Count me in for L.A. We still have the midwest AND THE REST OF THE WORLD!
    -Alex

    I'm very much interested in working on the group project. My fall is getting loaded up, so we need to start firming things up. Let's see what we can put together.
    -Scott

    Yes, I'm interested! Sorry for the late response, been finishing 2 projects up, and battling a nasty cold. Omaha is a pretty ordinary town.....you might think I copied the opening from "Green Acres!" Just kidding, Omaha is just like any other city, only smaller!
    -MikeyB

    I'd be interested [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I live in Vancouver BC Canada and I think I can get some nice shots.
    -Jeffery

    Is it too late to jump on board? I'm just a lowly occasional lurker but I think I can come up with some good stuff about my town: Reno, NV, a town that revels in its cheesiness.
    -Dr. Sanchez

    I haven't been around in awhile, but I'd like to add a film on my city. I'm in Vancouver. Look forward to hearing more about this "Group Film"
    -reg8mm

    I'd like to get in on this 'Group film' if I may.I'm from boston,mass. I think I am the only one correct?
    -toad_dance

    I'm in. Theres tons of stuff to film around here.
    -toad_dance

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 20, 2002 01:17 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member LAmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2000
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would love to be a part of this. I think all the ideas are really great and would make one really interesting and eclectic film. I want to know if we're bounded tothis project once we say we want in. I'm sure every single particepant will work his butt off to completehis film, but i was just wondering if some complications arise and the short can't be finished. Will that result in something very negative.

    I'd love to contribute.

    One thing i'm ot clear on is whatare we going with? The antique store story or the idea of filming films about where we live.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Filming Films about Where we Live.

    The other story may be project two or three!

    No negative feedback if you say you're in and then don't finish. Although it would be good to hear about each filmmaker's efforts.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Greg Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2002
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    The town I live in Hastings, Michigan, is not known for excitement, however I have just come up with a short treatment under 5 min. for a film.

    I will be getting a Nizo 801 Macro soon. (My famous French made camera that starts with a "B", bit the big one.

    Hope the camera gets hear soon, I would like to film this before the snow flies.

    Anyone had experiences using Kodak's T-200 speed film, turning it into Black and White for Dusk for Night work? Or what about the T-320 in Super 8 for desaturdated color....hows the grain?

    Thanks.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Lezzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 30th, 2002
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Will the finished product be a Su8 Print or the original?
    Who's going to do the credits?
    Who's going to own the copyright?
    I'd love to join in but am changing towns.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do a film about changing towns. Saying goodbye to one group of people/town and saying hello to another.

    Each filmmaker owns their own copyright to their section of the film.

    The final master is up to the filmmaker. I can make a composite reel on BetaCam SP. The filmmakers should make their own credits.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member daveduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd like to try participating from Jakarta, where I'll be living from October. However, I won't have Super-8 editing gear with me, nor is it likely that Super-8 is processed any longer in Indonesia.

    So:

    1. Alex, if I send you the exposed cartridge and sufficient coin, will you process?

    2. Either 24fps or 18fps is acceptable?

    (Note to you Vancouver guys: Lorne Lapham has a great Beaulieu 4008 package for sale, on consignment by a certain Daveduck. Cough.)

    Cheers,

    DD

  8. #8
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    DaveDuck, no long time no hear!

    Sure, I have a P.O. Box you can send the film to, just send processing instructions, as in which lab you want to process your film.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member zeroyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 13th, 2002
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hello
    id like to be part of it aswell

    from berlin

    zeroyak

  10. #10
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Glad to have you on board zeroyak!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •